At Home Test kits – Peace of Mind
QML Pathology is the leading supplier of on-site or at home testing products for Queenslanders. More Queenslanders use our on-site instant testing products than any other product in the market.
QML Pathology is able to supply a variety of on-site “instant” test kits that enable you to make informed decisions about issues that might otherwise compromise your health or safety. Our quality standards ensure that our at home testing products are reliable and validated against laboratory standards.
At home or on-site “instant” test kit results cannot be relied upon for medico legal purposes as they do not cover the chain of custody requirements in specimen handling nor are they confirmed by the “gold standard” laboratory based liquid/gas chromatography and mass spectrometry analysis. Accordingly home kits are subject to falsely positive and falsely negative results that may be caused by medications, and other factors. This means that their accuracy and reliability should be classified as “peace of mind” status only.
At home Illicit Drug Testing Products - Urine Based
QML Pathology is the exclusive supplier of the Alere™ Cup2. This cup style device gives a presumptive positive or negative result for the drug classes in 5 to 8 minutes. These cups are the most widely used kit for onsite testing due to the quick turnaround of results, and their ability to test for adulterants to rule out any tampering of the specimen during the collection process. Features of our Alere™ Cup2 include:
- Confirmation to Australian Standard AS4308
- Tests for the presence of 5 – 9 active compounds, including:
- Amphetamines (AMP)
- Methamphetamine (mAMP)
- Opiates (OPI)
- Benzodiazepines (BZO)
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- In built adulterant test to prevent tampering
- In built Creatinine test to prevent specimen dilution
- Screw Lock lid to prevent leakage
- Result interpretation guide
- Split specimen sampling enabling easy inbuilt lab confirmation
- No keys or activation steps
At home Illicit Drug Testing Products - Saliva Based
Whilst for many years, urine testing is considered the standard in on site illicit drug testing, saliva testing is growing in usage. QML Pathology is able to supply to you the DrugWipe® 5S instant saliva testing device. This instant saliva device is widely used as an alternative where for reasons such as collection environment, urine collections are not favoured. The DrugWipe® 5S is an instant saliva device that gives a presumptive result within 8 minutes. Features of our DrugWipe® 5S include:
- Utilised by Australian police for testing
- Confirmation to Australian Standards
- Available in 5 drug group combination
- Only one wipe down the tongue required
- Sealed device. No external contamination risk.
- Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated.