Flu Vaccination – Available for pre-order now for 2017
Each year, flu vaccines are tailored to match the expected strains that circulate around the world. The flu vaccine is constantly changing, and the immunity following vaccination wanes after one year.
According to the World Health Organisation*, quadrivalent vaccines for use in the southern hemisphere during the 2017 influenza season should contain the following:
- an A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- an A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 (H3N2)-like virus; and
- a B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus.
- a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.
A 2017 quadrivalent influenza vaccine is now available for pre-order from QML Pathology. To order, please contact our Vaccines Department on (07) 3121 4523.
* Source: Recommended Composition of Influenza Virus Vaccines for Use in the 2017 Southern Hemisphere Influenza Season." World Health Organization. September 29, 2016. http://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/virus/recommendations/2017_south/en/
As a registered medical practitioner, you are able to order from us all of your vaccine requirements.
Why use QML Pathology’s Vaccines Department for your vaccine requirements?
- We are one of Australia’s leading suppliers and distributors of vaccines.
- We stock an extensive range of premier vaccines (ranging from travel medicine to fluvax).
- We have operated licensed facilities for over twenty years.
- We offer exceptionally competitive pricing (with discounts for bulk purchases).
- No minimum order size.
- No shipping or handling fees for customers within our normal cold chain routes.
- Guaranteed quality of cold chain shipping.
Vaccines can be ordered by calling (07) 3121 4523 or emailing VaccCustServ@qml.com.au.